Sometimes, something so bad happens..




"People once believed that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can't rest. 
Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong things right. "

I've been a fan of the Crow since I was twelve.
Can't exactly remember which came first for me, movie or graphic novel, but I believe it was the graphic novel by James O'Barr. Anyway, I love them both equally.


 I have my own (very worn and loved) copy of the graphic novel, gotten as a present from my mom for my 13th birthday. One of the few things I have left of my mom, she died later that year:

For Karita, 26.5-98 Birthday present for a 13 year old. - Mom


Like said, I also love the movie. I love Brandon Lee's performance as Eric Draven, I think Brandon was the Heath Ledger of his time, in so many ways.

Anyway, since this still is a makeup blog, let's get back to makeup.

 


 I decided to do mash-up of both movie and graphic novel looks, include the scar etc.
Unfortunately I don't own a good wig for the look, so basic black wig it was:




One taken with the phone, without contact lens:

And few pics of how the look was made, in case anyone's interested:



PS. I'm not gonna talk about the "sequels" or the new movie they are making. There's only one Crow, and that's Brandon Lee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment